Some stuff just can’t be made up. We live in a world of fake news. Facebook is especially guilty of making sure liberal news headlines reach everyone’s news feed. But today, Personal Defense World shared portions of an article which was written by Thom Hartmann, a fellow at the Independent Media Institute, and who is regularly published in Salon magazine.
If the article was not so entirely preposterous, it would probably have never made any news sites whatsoever – besides Facebook.
Here are some of the key findings listed in the article.
- With a gun in his hand, a man can look around the room, a building, or a public area and specifically identify who will instantaneously die and whom he will allow to live.
- The power of life and death is greater and more intoxicating than any other power; it’s one of the reasons why some men are specifically drawn to these professions (priesthood, doctors, police and soldiers) and have historically tried to regulate them to be male-only.
- If you are not a male and have never carried a gun in public, it’s only an imaginary experiment, but science shows that simply handling a gun alters men’s levels of testosterone and measurably increases their aggressive behavior.
What’s most telling for the purpose of the Salon article is Hartmann’s conclusions:
- If you have to register a car and have a driver’s license, guns should be registered and the owner should have a license, presumably a Federal license;
- If a driver has to have liability insurance, gun owners should also be required to have liability insurance;
- If a driver has to prove their skills by taking a written exam and driving test, gun owners should have to do the same.
Let’s have your lovable Grey Beard Biker refute the overall basis of the article:
- Men walk around determining who should live and die: There are literally million of concealed carry permit holders – including women – who are the only people legally able to carry a gun outside their homes. Hell, as you might expect, the GBB is licensed to carry. Speaking for myself, I have never walked into a room picking out people to kill and people to live.
- The power of life and death is intoxicating: What the fuck? I have never even thought of having the power of life and death over another living person. And as for priests, preachers, police officers and doctors being intoxicated with their power over who dies, most of these individuals would agree that all of them are more interested with the “life” component than the “death component.” Lastly, each profession Hartmann lists, has more than its fair share of women dedicated to the field – including soldiers.
- Testosterone in men increases when they are handling a gun: This is the most outlandish of any of Hartmann’s assertions. Seriously, Thom Hartmann, you even state in your article that it was an imaginary experiment. Since when, do imaginary experiments remotely have legitimacy?
Now let use talk about your conclusions, Mr. Hartmann.
- License gun owners and register their guns: We already have background checks on all purchases of firearms – including those purchased online and those on the internet. What purpose would a Federal gun license or a Federal/State gun registration scheme serve other than providing a list of addresses for some overarching oligarch to send their gestapo to seize law abiding citizens’ firearms? Or, perhaps in your case, the registration would allow a publication such as Salon to get a list of legal gun owners’ addresses so you can publish them? It’s been done before.
- Require gun owners have liability insurance on their firearms: This is totally leftist code for, “This is how we can make a criminal of law abiding citizens and take their guns!” Having worked in the casualty insurance industry for 30 years, old Grey Beard knows no insurance company is ever going to underwrite such a policy. EVER. If they do, the costs will be prohibitive for all but the extremely wealthy elites Salon caters to: actors, actresses, athletes, politicians, etc. Those with walls around their homes and personal security to escort them around town.
- Concealed carry holders have to prove their competency: Dumbass, this is already a part of the process of getting a concealed carry permit in almost every state – and these are the only people who can LEGALLY carry a gun outside their homes!
Thom Hartmann, you cannot hide your true colors. You align yourself with gun grabbers like Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, Maxine Watters, AOC, etc. You want to have your form of a Utopian Society where guns are illegal. A society where the only people with guns are criminals – criminals who would not hesitate for one second to shoot you between your eyes and take your wallet – something no legal, concealed carry permit holder would ever do. We would be the ones protecting your ass. Now go back to your mommy’s basement couch and STFU.
Grey Beard Biker