Your ever lovable Grey Beard Biker seldom acknowledges the successes of the Democrats and socialist leftists. Watching One America News Network’s coverage of Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s presser, announcing the House of Representatives will proceed with articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump, I found myself pondering what, if anything, the left has been successful at. God knows they have done absolutely nothing for the American people they represent since taking the majority in January. Absolutely nothing! Unless you count this impeachment inquiry as an accomplishment – which would be, at best, an albatross.
But I must give them credit for playing the long game. They have showed patience at fulfilling their long-term goal of slowly eroding the ground conservatives stand on. One need look no further than their successes turning once red states purple – and often solid blue. Over the years, California went from electing conservative governors like Ronald Reagan to a socialist libtard like Gavin Newsom – a true dunce that could not find his way out of a wet paper sack.
Today, the streets of San Francisco are awash in feces, urine and used syringes. There are tent cities in all of the major metropolitan areas and they allow illegal aliens sanctuary. Reagan must be astonished looking down from heaven. And probably ashamed of his adopted home state.
But they obviously did not stop at California. With states like New York, Massachusetts, California, Illinois, Minnesota and New Jersey hemorrhaging their population to tax and business friendly states like Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Texas the liberals are flooding into these great places. (Hell, the liberals can’t even stand what the far leftists are doing.) All this migration has caused dramatic changes in states which have been traditionally conservative like North Carolina, Florida and Texas. If you recall, Florida almost elected a far leftist governor in 2018 and Beto O’Rourke, right up until election day, gave Senator Ted Cruz a serious run in Texas.
Indoctrination of our Schools
If you look at everything else the Democrat Party has done, which is not much, their single biggest success has been indoctrinating our young people. This started in the early 1970s, a period of time I remember well, with the publication of Saul Alinksky’s Rules For Radicals. The despicable Hillary Clinton actually wrote her college thesis on Alinsky, heaping praise on him.
Rule #13 of Rules for Radicals is: “Pick the target, freeze it, and polarize it.” This is exactly what the left has done with their takeover of higher education. Other baby boomers, like Hillary, grasped onto Alinsky’s rules and flooded college campuses as professors, deans and department heads. Their offspring (students), in turn, propagated throughout other educational institutions.
Ultimately, their plan was to brainwash the young people. It was something they realized would take several generations. But over the years, they have successfully transformed our youth. During the time I was in school, from the late 1960s, to the early 1980s, their efforts to take over were not visible. Schools then were grappling with desegregation, Vietnam protesters and drugs.
Today, the far Leftists are doing everything they can to turn our youth into socialist automatons which do and say as they’re told. The results of their long game are beginning to pay off. Not only do you see the results of their actions in colleges/universities, you are seeing it in high schools, middle schools and elementary schools. Our children are becoming less tolerant and are demanding their safe spaces.
Key Wins For the Left
So let’s look at some of the major initiatives the left has been successful in implementing – whether through regulation, legislation or court victories.
- Removing the daily Pledge of Allegiance from our classrooms
- Removing all reference to religion across the entire public educational system
- Adoption of Common Core
- Changes to sex education – even for 2nd and 3rd graders – to include teaching them about gay, bi-sexual, lesbian and transgender lifestyles
- Rewriting school textbooks to promote liberal/socialist ideals and removing those which offer balanced lessons
- Rewriting our country’s history in order to make children loathe great historic figures, important events and the capitalism which allowed generations of Americans to prosper
- Encouraged our students to demand conservative speech and rallies be silenced
- Removing conservative educators from of schools
- Repeated claims that conservative people are racist, sexist homophobes – or worse – Communists
What Can Be Done?
It is never too late to push for change. But the proverbial train has left the station with regards to adults younger than 35. This indoctrination movement started in earnest in the early 1980s and has been running along at top speed since. School boards, school administrators, teachers and principals are liberal and unbending. Many of these people were students during the early period of liberal indoctrination. But, regardless of their previous successes, we must act. Here are some things we can do:
- Attend your school district’s board meetings – demand that they put balanced text books back in the classrooms
- Demand traditional sex education be returned to the curriculum – and only when children are old enough to understand
- Ask for the Pledge Allegiance be returned to the classroom
- Parent your children by becoming involved with their education – learn what they are being taught each day and teach them the values you expect them to grow up with
- Get involved with conservative speech and rallies in your area – the larger the crowd, the harder it is to silence them
- Home school your children if you have the means
We must get involved in teaching our youth the values we want them to grow up with. Where the educational system fails them, we need to step in and offer balance, wisdom and acceptance of those they do not agree with.