Many fellow firearms aficionados I speak to have considered reloading their own ammunition. There are several things to consider before you decide you are going to roll your own ammo:
- You have to shoot a lot to pay for the cost of reloading gear
- With ammunition prices so low, and ammo plentiful, buying at your local gun store or big box store may be the best thing to do
- You need quality dies for each caliber you plan on reloading
- Reloading is delicate work and it is time consuming – you cannot take shortcuts
- It can cost north of $1,000 to get started – you can buy a lot of ammunition for that cost
Your friendly Grey Beard Biker suggests you take a decision to reload very seriously. One place to start is by watching the following video your old Grey Beard Biker put together just for you!